The Dolton Park District is committed as an organization to provide exceptional parks and lifelong recreation opportunities. To apply for a job, internship or volunteer opportunity, visit the Administration Department to complete an application and send your completed application to:
Dolton Park District Allen T. Sheard Administration Building
721 Engle St.
Dolton, IL 60419
Recreation Program Instructors
The Dolton Park District is looking for local “hidden talent” to instruct or lead various recreational programs. We are recruiting new instructors with creative ideas. If you have a particular skill or are interested in leading activities, please contact Kevin Green, Recreation Superintendent at 708.841.2111. You may also complete a Program Proposal Form and fax it to at 708.841.2177.
Available Seasonal Employment Positions
None at this time.
Seasonal positions and applications are posted by April 1st and Close by April 30th of each year. Seasonal positions usually consist of Seasonal Administration to assist in the Communications Department, Seasonal Recreation to assist in Summer Camp and Golf Range Attendants, and Seasonal Maintenance to assist in Groundskeeping.
Available Permanent Employment Positions
The Board of Commissioners of the Dolton Park District invites applications for the position of Executive Director. The Board is interested in the selected Executive Director beginning employment at the district tentatively by August 30, 2022. The Dolton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should be marked Personal and Confidential. All applicant packets must be received by June 30, 2022, and must contain the information below in order to meet the Board consideration. All documents (other than education credentials) must have a left margin of 1.5 inches. Each numbered item below needs to be on a separate page. Please do not bind or staple.
1. Formal letter of application indicating reasons you desire to be a candidate.
2. Current resume needs to include, but not be limited to, employment history, duties, number of employees supervised, and budget amount managed.
3. Complete list of accomplishments/completed projects.
4. Provide at least 3 CURRENT letters of recommendation. These written references ideally should include a balance of former employees, employers, and board members.
5. You must also supply 3-6 PROFESSIONAL references with complete names, addresses, and phone numbers. These references need to be different from those providing letters of recommendation and will be contacted by the Illinois Association Park Districts upon receipt.
6. Typewritten responses to the following management questions. Please limit your responses to each question to one page.
a. Describe your management style.
b. State and discuss your philosophy of parks and recreation.
c. What issues do you consider to be critically important to the parks and recreation field today?
d. If given the opportunity, how will you attempt to resolve these issues?
e. If you were chosen for the position, what steps would you take as the district’s new leader in your first 120 days?
7. Salary history for the past five (5) years.
8. Complete set of up-to-date credentials which include legal proof verifying educational
degrees. Transcript or copy of degree is acceptable.
9. Written permission to contact past employers and written permission to have a criminal
ALL APPLICATIONS OR INQUIRIES SHOULD BE REFERRED TO:
MAIL APPLICATIONS TO:
The Law Office of Michelle Broughton-Fountain
Attn: Screening for Dolton Park District
19150 S. Kedzie Avenue, Ste. 103B
Flossmoor, IL. 60422
Email Applications to: AssociateLawMBF@outlook.com
Email Questions to: AssociateLawMBF@outlook.com
Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.